1.) Title: Field Service Engineer
• Full Time non-exempt position
• Reports to the Manager of Field Services
• To provide Harger EHUP’s full support in the installation of their lightning protection projects. (Including but not limited to Pre & Post installation site visits and UL Inspection support)
3.) Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Knowledge and understanding of the current NFPA 780, UL 96A and other applicable standards related to lightning protection and grounding.
• Product knowledge of Harger lightning protection and grounding components
• Lightning Protection and Grounding Installation Experience
• Conduct thorough Pre & Post Installation site visits
• Provide thorough documentation and reports of all site visit and customer interactions.
• Be present for UL Inspections
• Ability to accurately design lightning protection systems from field when plan set information is not available to us.
• Be able to interact & answer LP installation questions from EHUP’s when in field.
4.) Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Keep track of all projects assigned and their status
• Keep track of time spent on each project
• Attend meetings when requested to do so
• Document all activities in Project Folders
• Other duties as assigned
5.) Supervisory Responsibilities
• This position holds no responsibilities for hiring or firing
• Supervision, reviews, task assignment are the responsibility of the Manager of Field Services
6.) Required Knowledge and Skills
• The individual must possess the following skills and abilities
• Communication skills, written and oral
• Organizational skills
• Basic computer skills including
• Microsoft Word
• Blue Beam Revu
• The ability to read and understand Harger AutoCAD Shop Drawings
• Be a Team Player
• Have the ability to work with little or no supervision.
7.) Fiscal Responsibility:
• Purchases –Related to travel/project expenses only
• Contracts – you do not have the authority to sign contracts or agreements
8.) Extent of Public Contact:
• High amount of customer contact while at each project site
9.) Physical Demands
• Being able to climb up and down ladders
• Walk Building Rooftops
• Exposure to weather
Visit our website for Employment Opportunities at www.harger.com. Email resumes or applications to email@example.com.
Fax 847-543-5073 .
Non-Smoking Facility/Grounds - No on site applying available.