1. Purpose: Produce accurate lightning protection and grounding estimates for our customers
2. Essential Responsibilities:
- Acquire, through training, basic knowledge and understanding of the current NFPA 780,
UL standards, and other industry standards.(*)
- Obtain product knowledge of the lightning protection and grounding components.(*)
- Read and understand architectural and electrical drawings.(*)
- Prepare detailed bill of materials for projects
- Provide accurate notes explaining the scope of the estimate as it pertains
to the structure and specifications.
3. Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with supervisor all issues on project estimates to insure timely resolution.
- Keep track of projects and plan work to be completed prior to the bid date.
- Submit all completed work to supervisor for review.
- Keep files organized and to ensure they are filed correctly.
4. Required Knowledge and Skills
- The individual must posses the following skills and abilities
- High school diploma
- Some College preferred
- Auto CAD skills preferred (*)
- Construction industry experience helpful (*)
- Communication skills, written and oral
- Organizational skills
- Basic computer skills including
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Have the ability to work independently
(*) An individual who has all of these skills at time of hire or who acquires
these skills effectively as a
Estimator Trainee , would be classified as Estimator.
Full line of benefits such as med/den/life ins. 401k plan, paid vacation and sick days,
paid holidays. Apply on line at www.harger.com, email to email@example.com or fax to
847-543-5073 . Non-Smoking facility/grounds.